Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 AM
irishrose

Yesterday's weight was down a pound so I have I gained a total of 4 pounds since Thanksgiving. At least I'm back under 150. My goal for the month is to lose those four pounds. For me, it's not the dinner, it's the leftovers. If a holiday dinner is away from home, I don't gain. If it's here, I do. Christmas is always here. Yikes!

On a quilting note, the border for the wildlife quilt is Flying Geese. Do you prefer the geese to go all the way to corner or to have cornerstones? I need some input. It's a busy quilt and the cornerstones might make it busier but at this point, it wouldn't make much difference. It's the blue and gold block that is throwing it off, but those were my son's high school colors.

Speaking of blue and gold, I am attending a BB game today. A GS made the 7th grade team and his mother has to work. His father works evenings, too, so I'm on. They both took Monday off for an away game, but neither could get today off. Bleachers are difficult with my fused ankles, but the little brother can be my railing.

It was so gorgeous out yesterday. The dogs and I arrived at the lake just as the sun set. The sun was down, but the sky was all colors as was the reflection on the surface of the water. So lovely. Today is dreary, but that's normal for early December. Living East of Lake Michigan, we have more cloud cover than usual until the big lake freezes. I may have to find something to knit so I can sit still under my sunlamp. I want to make a scarf for a new GDIL. She is Chinese and came to Michigan as an art student. My GS was her language instructor. I have some silky ribbon 'yarn' that should work for her.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. We are all losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy