Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bamamama View Post
Donkey Kong, PacMan or Mario? My son is about that same age. Can't wait to get started on the EQ Classes with you. I've read your posts and I'm sure to get alot from it. Thanks Rhonda!
LOL This was when it first came out so it was Mario Brothers. It was the only one on the market then. Then they came out with more. I remember our local theater offered a handful of games for rent. The owner told me he thought it was a fad that wouldn't last long. Boy was he wrong!!

My all time favorite games are Zelda and Metroid. I enjoy treasure hunting and puzzle solving more than fighting the bad guys. My two boys and I used to sit and play together for hours. What I wasn't good at they were. I had no patience for fighting and they had no patience for solving riddles. So we would hand off to the one who could solve that part of the game. I so enjoyed spending time with them that way.
My youngest son Glen rented Donkey Kong when it first came out and I was hooked! He bought me a super nintendo for Christmas that year with Donkey Kong Country. Myself and my sons and then later grandsons have all enjoyed playing this together. Jake and I played every time he came and stayed. We played it over almost a year til we finally got to the end. I had already beaten it but it was fun to play with him. He comes one weekend every other month and on holidays.