Old 12-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Canada Kate

Default Introducing Verna

I bought this FW on eBay about a month ago. She was born in 1958 and I'm naming her Verna, after my Great-Aunt who taught me how to sew when I was 8. Verna went straight from the post office to the Sewing Machine Hospital, where she underwent elective surgery to replace her belt and the wiring to the plug. She was also cleaned and oiled, got a new 1/4" foot, and 5 new metal bobbins. The only thing I don't like is the band-aid that the Sewing Machine Hospital stuck on the front of her (see pics below).

I sewed a stack of chain-piecing on her last night, and I am *so* impressed with her. I can't believe what a joy it is to sew on her. I also have a Janomoe 4100 QDC that I bought 2 years ago, which I love, but this FW has a much different feel. It feels more solid, and it feels like she knows what she's doing. She's also little and toy-like, which makes her very cute. (But then, all you FW owners out there know that already!) It didn't come with many accessories - only the buttonholer (like I'm ever going to use that - not!) and two feet. But the gold is intact and now that she's shined up, she's gorgeous. (Me feels the start of a horribly expensive collection is in the making...!) Good thing I have no DH to talk some sense into me. :-) I never even considered getting one until I started reading this board - so thanks for getting me hooked!
Attached Thumbnails verna-1.jpg   verna-2.jpg   verna-4.jpg   verna-5.jpg   pc040020_01.jpg  

Last edited by Canada Kate; 12-04-2011 at 07:37 AM.