View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:34 AM
crazythread

I went on the Royal Carribean's 9 day Cruise for a Cure (supporting breast cancer) in 2009. We went from Baltimore, Md up the east coast to Nova Scotia. We had a wonderful time . We could only have classes when we were at Sea. They had about five different quilt teachers. I took classes by Mimi Dietrich (wonderful applique teacher) and Nancy Becker (landscaping) I learned so much from them. We also had Lectures by Earlene Fowler (author-Benni Harper mysteries) and P. Buckley Moss (designer ) When we were docked the group went to local quilt shops and spent money-money-money. Each night we would gather in the lounges outside the quilting area, sewing and getting to know a lot of new friends. My husband went. He did not seem to have a problem finding things to do when I was in class. We also managed to take in all of the ships activities. I would recomend the experience if you get the chance. Just check into the schedule before you sign up for one. My friend just got back from a quilting cruise she was not to thrilled with. They did not offer on onshore excursions and had very little activities planned on the ship.