Old 12-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Phyllis42

Originally Posted by emt2004 View Post
I am scared stiff. Got a call to come back to have my left breast redone, while dr. was there to read it. said it could take 2 to 3 hours, may want to do ultrasound also. Anyone ever have this happen? I guess I am just a worry wart.......Michele
I started with a mammo July 29, 2nd mammo in August, ultrasound in Oct., needle biopsy Nov. 3, lumpectomy Dec. 7. All the different medical personnel had difficulty finding the nodule. Had cataracts removed from both eyes in Aug/Sept. Basal Cell Carcinoma removed from nose Nov. 8. So I put on blinders and dealt with one thing at a time. I put myself in the hands of the Lord and will continue to do so. Two lymph nodes showed up brightly and a blurry one showed up. Just sitting and waiting and praying now. So many of the medical personnel were amazed at how small my nodule was. The new technology and digital mammography show so much more than they used to, so the doctors have much more to look at and decipher. I keep telling myself that I am not the only one or there would not be so much technology out there to help me. Thankful for the people that continue to explore and learn and develop new technology to help us. Armpit hurts a bit right now, but not ready for the pain pills sitting on my table yet. So, as others said, deal with one step at a time. May God Bless.