Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever have an incomplete mammogram?

Anyone ever have an incomplete mammogram?

I am scared stiff. Got a call to come back to have my left breast redone, while dr. was there to read it. said it could take 2 to 3 hours, may want to do ultrasound also. Anyone ever have this happen? I guess I am just a worry wart.......Michele

Blog Entries
    I've never had a mamogram, I hope there is nothing wrong... that can be very scary, but no matter what... God is still in controll, and with Him by your side, nothing to worry about.... I know, easier to say than to do! lol
    I quilt for my sanity!

I have had several "incomplete" mammograms.....the first time scared me to. As it turned out it was a shadow on the film that happened several times. I was even sent to a sugeron that said there was nothing to be concerned with. I don't know why or how the shadows appeared neither did the tech I could have moved slightly.

Will say a prayer for you that it is nothing and everything will be fine.
    Take care and try not to worry.
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

Blog Entries
    I have had call backs for mamos. They did a compression/spot focal and a sonogram the first time. The second time the hospital had a new mamo machine and the spot focal was done then. Both times I had to have a biopsy. Everything was okay for me. Just remember that the new mamo machines can pick up a cancer the size of a grain of rice and smaller.

Just because you have a call back for more studies doesn't mean that it will be bad news. It means that they are making sure you are well. Please try not to worry, easier said than done, and let us know how things go.
    When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.

Happens to me almost every time I get my mammo done. I have very lumpy breasts - full of fibroid cysts. Especially if I've been drinking too much caffeine and not taking my Vitamin E! They let me watch the ultrasound. Fascinating.
    "When I'm dead and gone there ain't anybody goin' to think o' the floors I've swept, and the tables I've scrubbed, and the old clothes I've patched, and the stockin's I've darnedÂ…But when one of my grandchildren sleeps on one of those quilts, they'll think about me, and, wherever I am then, I'll know I ain't forgotten." from 'Aunt Jane of Kentucky' by Eliza Calvert Hall

Try not to worry. I had to go back for another and have an ultrasound too. The worse part was being in the waiting room with other women who were going through the same thing. One was upset that her husband was not allowed in there with us as we sat with the gowns on. I will send good thoughts your way.
    Sandra

Ive had it too. They do a spot, an ultrasound and maybe a needle biopsy. Worked out to be nothing. I think now that mammo's are more accurate, they tend to overread them to be on the conservative side which is good but causes these encore performances more often.

Been there too. I've had all of the tests, ultra sound, needle biopsy, nothing ever found. They are always cautious, as well they should be, I'm sure it's nothing. Good luck anyway!

Thank all of you for your replies, I will keep you posted.............Michele

Blog Entries
    (((HUGS))) Try not to worry too much, many times they "think" they see something and call us back in. My tech always reminds us that if we get a call to come back in, most of the time it is a false alarm. The Radiologists would rather call us back in for a false alarm, and err on the side of caution
    “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” Sam Levenson

Just about every year, I have to have the ultrasounds. Take it easy and one step at a time. If the ultrasound shows something, a biospy will likely be recommended. I hope it was just burry, I will keep you in my prayers.
    Vicki W

This happens to me about every other time I get a mammo. I don't even worry anymore. Large dense breasts cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Becka View Post
    Happens to me almost every time I get my mammo done. I have very lumpy breasts - full of fibroid cysts. Especially if I've been drinking too much caffeine and not taking my Vitamin E! They let me watch the ultrasound. Fascinating.
    I'm in the same category as you, Becka, in fact I have to stay until the mammo is read by the technician. I also have to have an ultrasound done. I know caffeine is bad and I do love coffee - hate decaff! I have never heard about taking vitamin E for this condition. Would you please elaborate further on this recommendation. Thanks.

Yes, but thank God it turned out ok. Will be praying for you.

Yes, that hapened to me. Had the mammo and the ultrasound, had breast surgery and am now 4 years cancer free.

It is scary and worrisome, just be glad they are going about this fast and hopefully thoroughly.

God Bless, delma

Blog Entries
    I had to go back once. Was scared also. The tech. said I have dense breasts. So now I make them REALLY squash the darn things so they get a good read the first time. The tech. was amazed I could stand having them squeezed that much, but I was NOT going to go back a second time.

I had to go back once -- another mammo and an ultrasound. I have dense breasts. Now the place I go has digital equipment I they get it right the first time.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

QM
    Obviously, you have a reason to worry, but try not to borrow trouble. I have this happen twice. Both times were nothing. My doc told me it happens more often with large breasts.

Yes, me too. But they didn't call me back, they just kept me there, and kept saying "we need another picture" and then I waited. And then she came back and said "we need another picture". It was 1.5 years since my lumpectomy so you can imagine where my mind was going. but, it was just that the picture wasn't good enough - had to squish again, and it was fine.

Please have an biopsy done. My mom went through this and they cleared her the second time using an other mamogram. Obviously it was not as about ten years later she died of metasticized cancer. When an autopsy was done it showed it was from breast cancer from where they had cleared her with a second mamogram. Praying all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by emt2004 View Post
    I am scared stiff. Got a call to come back to have my left breast redone, while dr. was there to read it. said it could take 2 to 3 hours, may want to do ultrasound also. Anyone ever have this happen? I guess I am just a worry wart.......Michele
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by amma View Post
    (((HUGS))) Try not to worry too much, many times they "think" they see something and call us back in. My tech always reminds us that if we get a call to come back in, most of the time it is a false alarm. The Radiologists would rather call us back in for a false alarm, and err on the side of caution
    I agree, I've done too many call backs over the years...but...it is worth it to be cautious.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Try not to lose sleep over it, especially this close to the holidays. Last time I went they did 3 additional views but I've been called back more times than not. I worked in a free-standing radiology facility for 8 years and the doctor read the mammos on the spot, eliminating the need (and worry) about coming back. Most places don't provide that kind of service unfortunately. Best wishes to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmyn View Post
    I have had several "incomplete" mammograms.....the first time scared me to. As it turned out it was a shadow on the film that happened several times. I was even sent to a sugeron that said there was nothing to be concerned with. I don't know why or how the shadows appeared neither did the tech I could have moved slightly.

Will say a prayer for you that it is nothing and everything will be fine.
    Take care and try not to worry.
    I was going to say the same thing..have had to do the same and it turned out to be a shadow, glad they were so careful but the waiting to find out is horrible. I hope all goes well for you..post and let us know.

the first time I got called back I was terrified like you and when after the mammogram I was then told had to have ultrasound but it all turned out good it was a very large cyst with lots of smaller ones - try not too worry too much - easier said than done I know but there are alot of reasons why they call you back xx

Please remember that mammo's and all other test are important...but you have to look at yourself too. I noticed a change in color of my nipple on my left breast. Mammo did not show anything, Biopsy showed Inflamatory Breast
    Cancer. That was in 2003, I am truly grateful to be a survivor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast