Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone ever have an incomplete mammogram? >

Anyone ever have an incomplete mammogram?

Anyone ever have an incomplete mammogram?

Old 12-09-2011, 03:17 PM

About every other year I have to have a second mammogram and then a sonogram. My breasts get very dense from too much caffeine. I have been going through this since 1989. The first time I had a mammogram, they told me to see a surgeon asap. I prayed about it and went with a peaceful feeling. The surgeon came in and said the person who looked at my results was a little nuts, it was only calcium spots and I was OK. Each time I have to go through this, I pray through the procedure. So far, I have never had a problem. Tomorrow at 9am, I will have my annual exam. I will be praying again through it all. And God has answered my prayers. Pray and you will better about this.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Yep, I got called back for additional mamo and ultrasound. It turned out that I had a lump very deep on one side. I had a biopsy and it turned out to be benign. I understand that this can be a scary time, I cried when I got the good news. Hang in there and think positively, try not to get too stressed out with what if's. Definately keep in touch and let us know how it works out.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:50 PM

I have had to go back also. Lumpy boobs/fibrocystic. Soon I will be a 36Long! Might as well throw away my bra and tuck t them in my pants! Laughter helps everything!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:01 PM

I got that scary phone call too but everything came back ok. My Dr. said just because you have a call back doesn't mean that it will be bad news. It means that we are making sure you are ok.

Try not to worry to much and let us know how things go. Will be praying for you!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:18 PM

I am usually called back after every mammo and have had 2 breast biopsies (first at 16). Even after sitting and waiting for the all clear and insisting someone else read it while I am waiting, I still get call back of extremely fibro cystic breast.

True story: had a mammo and during it passed out while boob was in the machine. Was only being held up by boob in the machine!!! Imagine my shock waking up to the lab tech holding my half naked body up! Lol she couldn't release me cuz she was holding on to me, had to wait until I was stable to let go of me to press the release button!