Old 12-08-2011, 05:46 AM
suezquilts

I won't be posting any pics of my two Featherweights anytime soon. Rescued both of these off Ebay and all I can say is when you purchase on Ebay, you get what you see, minus some you don't see.
My newer one 1947, had some major damage to the bobbin case base, and the plate above the bobbin.
I had purchased these two because my DH and DS who is 16 took a clean and care class for FW this week. When the boys came home I heard all that was wrong with my youngest machine and DS said, "Mom, it looked like those ladies took their shiny Caddilac out of the garage and had it sitting there for all to see"
Well, I purchased these two Munchkins for another reason. I was needing more DSM for the 4 Granddaughters. Three are sewing and I don't have enough room to have them all sew at once.
I did have one of the 6 yr old's sewing on the FW over Thanksgiving, it was so sweet. Bright Pink thread in those bobbins is a beautiful sight.

Back to the repairs on my youngest FW. My DH and son are going to repair her, but parts, prices are so jacked up out there and people try and sell 301 bobbin parts to replace them, I had a tough time finding parts, but did locate some and Guy from IL was wonderful. My hubby talked to him and they figured out all the Gib, Rotary whatevers and funny screws this little wonder has. Parts will be in the mail soon!

Look forward to showing you some shiny Caddy soon, No, probably not, but they will be loved by several little girls. I should go, I need to cut 5"squares as I think we went through nearly all I have cut. Enjoy.