Old 02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Randy

Hi Quilters:
I've been visiting this site since December and LOVE IT but all of a sudden I quit getting notification of postings so I think I may have inadvertently poked the wrong button ???? and got dropped from the e-mail list. I hope I can get back on.

I've been quilting about 4 years and I'm hooked! Our quilt group members EACH make and donate dozens of quilts a year to different organizations like the foster kids, Veteran's Home, Katrina victims, low income families, military families, nursing homes, etc. We also make projects for our family members, friends and for ourselves. Making these quilts keep all us old grandmas off the streets and out of the Bingo Parlor!

One of my quilt guild sisters wants to get the pattern for a block called "7 Sisters." It was originally designed and came out in a newspaper or "Work Basket" magazine in 1931 or 1932. I can't describe the pattern as I've never seen it. She said she remembers it from when she was a young girl. She remembers the "look" of the pattern and the name but doesn't remember all the details. If anyone knows of a "7 Sisters" pattern I'd sure like to find it for my friend. If there are quilt collectors amoung our ranks maybe they know of the pattern. My friend said the quilt she saw was made with the 1930's "feed sack-type" fabrics.

Thank you all,
Randy