Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Introduce Myself - Looking for Quilt Pattern "7 Sisters" >

Introduce Myself - Looking for Quilt Pattern "7 Sisters"

Introduce Myself - Looking for Quilt Pattern "7 Sisters"

Old 02-15-2007, 08:45 AM

Hi Quilters:
I've been visiting this site since December and LOVE IT but all of a sudden I quit getting notification of postings so I think I may have inadvertently poked the wrong button ???? and got dropped from the e-mail list. I hope I can get back on.

I've been quilting about 4 years and I'm hooked! Our quilt group members EACH make and donate dozens of quilts a year to different organizations like the foster kids, Veteran's Home, Katrina victims, low income families, military families, nursing homes, etc. We also make projects for our family members, friends and for ourselves. Making these quilts keep all us old grandmas off the streets and out of the Bingo Parlor!

One of my quilt guild sisters wants to get the pattern for a block called "7 Sisters." It was originally designed and came out in a newspaper or "Work Basket" magazine in 1931 or 1932. I can't describe the pattern as I've never seen it. She said she remembers it from when she was a young girl. She remembers the "look" of the pattern and the name but doesn't remember all the details. If anyone knows of a "7 Sisters" pattern I'd sure like to find it for my friend. If there are quilt collectors amoung our ranks maybe they know of the pattern. My friend said the quilt she saw was made with the 1930's "feed sack-type" fabrics.

Thank you all,
Randy
Old 02-15-2007, 09:15 AM

I don't know if this is the 7 sister's pattern you are looking for but if you will look in www.shop.com ,seven sister's quilt. good luck. Let me know if this is it.
Bea
Old 02-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Hi Bea:
Thank you for the web site. I went and looked around but couldn't find a pattern. They had lots of SISTERS 7 and 7 patterns to a package or whatever but nothing that I could see that said this is the "7 Sisters Pattern." I'll go back and check everything out again to make sure I didn't miss anything but so far, I'm not seeing what I'm looking for.

Thank you soooooo much,
Randy
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM

Randy, Try these sites -

http://www.americanjane.com/patterns.php

http://www.patternsonline.com/Patterns/Pat.aspx?P=2581
Old 02-15-2007, 04:51 PM

Thank you...I found the embroidery 7 Sisters pattern but not the quilt. I'll keep looking....again, thank you. Randy
Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 AM

Randy, where did you find it?
Thanks, Bea
Old 02-16-2007, 11:38 AM

Hi Bearowden:
Minda sent me a couple websites and I found the 7 Sisters embroidery pattern at one of these sites. These sites are listed just above your "where did you find it?" note to me. It's Patterns online, I think but could be the other site?
Sandy
Old 02-16-2007, 11:40 AM

heres some more pic

http://www.shop7sisters.com/sevensistersquilt.html
Old 02-16-2007, 05:59 PM

Hi Ruth:
Bless your pea picken heart...I found the pattern for 7 sisters quilt block and have e-mailed to get it ordered for my friend. So appreciate all you guys out there who helped me find this very elusive pattern for my friend.

Thank you,
Randy
Old 10-08-2007, 07:35 AM

Did you find a pattern for "7 Sisters" yet? I don't have the pattern, but do have a picture of the block. Please reply if you want me to try to send it.

themeemama