View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Anna.425

Question I want to be a good person...

This is a what would you do question. My family makes a big deal out of holidays. We are all busy and somewhat spread out but always get together for holidays so it is our special time together and we go big or go home. Last year DS was dating a lady that seemed perfectly lovely (although I knew she was not "the one") and has no family to speak of to be with at the holidays. About 3 weeks I find out DS (bless his sweet little heart) assumed that girlfriend would be with us on Christmas Eve and wake up at our place Christmas morning. I have no general problem with this however they had not been dating a year yet and he didn't ask, he just informed (gulp, slow burn, get over it, no one should be alone on the Christmas...).

Well, I'm not about to have someone sit there and watch us open presents without being able to participate. So DH and I went shopping for gifts and I made a stocking for her. I put a lot of work into the stocking, velvet, lace, applique sparkles and it was really perfect for her personality. It was a fun weekend and all, fast forward to July of this year...

DS and girlfriend are both renting rooms in the same house (Ah Huh, sure, Mama didn't raise any fools). On Thursday everything was "fabulous" on Friday girlfriend turned into a heinous b&$@h and broke up with son and continued to be horrible. Son vacates house (even though they were his friends and he lived there first) because situation is so hostile. Come to find out heinous B had become involved with one of the other roommates in which case DS dogged a bullet and it is better to know now than later. Fast forward again to this Christmas...

I have this very lovely, well made and gorgeous red velvet stocking with girlfriend's name satin stitched on sattin. It's not like I can take the name off without damaging the fabric. Here is the big question.

Would you:
A) Mail it to Heinous B because what else would you do with it?
B) Assume that someone with the same name will find it and send it to Goodwill
C) Send a call out to a forum like ours and send it free to a good home (it was made with love and should have a good home)?
D) any other bright ideas?