Old 12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
lauriejo

First of all I want to apologize for not posting lately. Had a major computer malfunction and it is taking forever to get cleaned up and caught up. Fortunately between DH and DS I have a great Geek Squad so no data was lost.

Okay here are my thoughts on the proposed changes:
1. I'm not a huge fan of mailing at the first of the month, I think it is making extra work and expense. I believe we should continue on the honor system. Having said that, I also believe there should be consequences for those who don't follow through. It could be banning them from winning in the future, or treating it like a swap and giving them negative feedback. I also like the idea of last month's winner posting when she receives FQs.
2. I like keeping it monthly, and I also like the suggestion of not being able to win the first month you join.
3. I think we should continue with the requirement that you post on the thread. This is supposed to be a place to come for encouragement, not just to win FQs. I know it helps me to have that nudge to make me do more than just lurk. Frequently I am reading this in the evening and am so tired that the mental fog has settled in and I have trouble getting my thoughts down.
Of course whatever the group decision, I will go along.

Lisa I giggled at what you said about being so far off the wagon you can't see it, I think I gained so much weight in November I broke the wagon!

It sounds like a number of members, past and present, have felt invisible just like Nancy. I know at times I have as well. In my case I think it is because I post so seldom. So how do we solve this problem, any ideas?

Beachbound I agree that I wish I could lose pounds as easily as I lose my train of thought!

MJ my goodness, sending you lots of hugs!

Pam I've heard great things about the ketone diet, I will be praying for Ethan. I was a basket case when my son went to Japan for 2 weeks, I can't imagine him being that far away all the time. I am sending you many, many hugs.

Nancia so sorry about your mom, I know it wasn't until after my mom died that I could finally put to rest our issues. It seems like it made it easier somehow to remember the good and let the bad go. I hope you can find peace too.

Now for my good news, I have lost most of the weight I gained in November! Yippee!