Thread: Grumpy
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 04:53 PM
svenskaflicka1

i work 12 hour days at a high stress job. i have a hubby with parkinson's, who is not much good around the house (he never has been--lots worse since the parkinson's) i raised 3 kids, had a house full of pets, yard full of chickens, a house full of projects, and a head full of ideas. now, i'm too tired out to do much more than "maintain". if you know me well, come on over, and i'll find a horizontal surface for you to sit on. most of them are covered with papers, reference books, continuing education, and fabric. if you are expecting to see a showplace, don't bother coming over, or give me a week's notice. never--i repeat, NEVER wear your white gloves or expect perfection. i have a life outside my home, and it consumes most of my time.

and when i retire in a few years, my first two weeks are going to be spent in my jammies, just catching up on sleep. then, and only then should you approach the house. and then, bring chocolate. or fabric. or both. then, we'll talk.

crabby old broad, huh? nope. it's self defense. i'm too tired to care, and too old to compete. home is where i come to hide out--not to show it off. come to visit me, not to look at the environment. if you arrive and surprise me, i'm not responsible for my reaction--or for ignoring you out there, knocking on my door...