Old 12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Murphy1

Nancia I am sorry about your loss. Your post is very uplifting and I know your mom and dad will be with you in spirit as you think of the good memories that were part of your life. It is wonderful that your mom will be part of teaching medical students. My daughter is finishing Pediatric Residency and I know the time she was studying as a med student, they treated their person with much respect.

I have the letters my husband sent when he was in Vietnam, we were married in Hawaii on his R and R and have been together 44 years, I wonder if my daughter will ever read his letters. He is an awesome writer and his letters really show that. Mine were not saved as I am sure he needed to travel light when over there for 13 months as a Marine.

I like your uplifting thoughts on those pounds, ounces, first bite and calories are in the rest. Thanks for closing with such a motivating thought. I needed that.
Originally Posted by nancia View Post
thank you for all the support. i appreciate it more than you can know. i have talked to all my kids and they are doing well. i'm grateful for that as well. the memorial service will be in january. mom's remains are at harvard teaching young medical students. then her ashes will be returned and she will be mixed with dad. they were married 60 yrs and adored each other.we found dad's loveletters to her, but he threw away the one's she wrote so he would know he had answered it. would have loved to have had both sides of the romance!
i'm having my "morning" yogurt, key lime pie, yum!
i haven't caught up yet on the beginning of this thread. looks like some changes are being proposed so guess i better do some reading. as arnold says.."i will be baaack." keep plugging! every pound has 16 little ounces, lose those and you've lost a pound. just 4 more and it's a pound and a quarter, four more and , it's a pound and a half. ounces are very little and a lot easier to lose. Go for it! the first bite is the best. the calories are in the rest! yay for the losses!!