View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Stitchit123

Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
It is even worse if it is your son. Because he doesn't answer emails, texts, phone messages or acknowledge gifts sent, this is super hurtful. We had a wonderful, no stress relationship for 32 years, then he married a woman who didn't want us in the picture. Soooo I think of what it must have been like for moms over one hundred years ago when their sons left for parts unknown. They must have wondered about them, just as I do, but then they didn't have iPhones, computers and digital imaging to keep in touch. I wonder what my son's excuse is? Sadly, when we were my son's age, my husband and I only had one parent (my Mom) still living. It is harder I think to realize our son has both parents, but he has chosen to throw us and his sister away. I wonder if regrets will ever cross his mind. I don't think I will ever know. Has this happened to others here?
My son's 2nd wife"" created ""all kinds of hell in order to separate him from his entire family and for 15 yrs there was no contact.Well my son has returned and has said how sorry he is for the yrs lost.We spent Thanksgiving together and we talk just about every day Theres no way to reclaim those lost yrs but I am thankful for the now. Michael is my only child and we were always close and I hope and pray we can be that way again.-Miracles happen