View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM
valsma

I find it hard anymore to reach out and try to make friends for so many reasons. It used to be so easy. Sometimes I say the wrong thing and do the wrong thing but hey i'm human and not perfect. Sometime socially awkward. I wish when I do, the person I may have upset will call me on it. If you don't like me fine but don't be nice to my face and when I contact you shut me out, tell me. I have my big girl panties on. That is hurtful, reminds me to much of high school.

As for family, I never had a close family growing up and still don't. I received more acceptance from my in-laws than from my own family. I've always accepted that my sister is the favorite and that I am the one who broke up my parents because I was born a girl (yes, my mother said that.) Never mind that fact that I had a half brother born less than two months after I was. Today our relationship is not strong but I check on her and my dad by phone and during good weather when I can will drive over the mountain where they live with my sister. My sister and I have a strained relationship. My youngest son won't even speak to his grandmother because of her lack of intrest in him, his brother and now my grandchildren as they grew/grow. Such a sad thing. Thankfully I have a few very close friends who are my sisters of choice and love me because of who I am and I love them the same. I guess in the perfect world we would all have perfect relationships.