Old 12-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Podunk Princess

Hi ya'll. Hope your day is going well. I am "over the moon" about passing the test. After being out of school for many decades, it's good to know I've still got it!

Cindy, I know how you feel about wanting to go back to work soon because you are bored. I haven't worked in more than a year and thought I'd get so much done at home during that time, but the reality is that so much time is wasted because there's no "deadline" for doing anything. Then after a while you regret "wasting" so much of that time. I'm glad you are feeling healthy enough to go back to work.

I've been reading all the posts suggesting negative feedback for those who don't send FQ's. IMHO it may not be the best thing to do for this thread. In the other swap threads folks are actually expending time and money making and sending the blocks to others and when others don't follow through, there is an actual "loss" that is upsetting. In our case, we send a FQ at the end of the month to the person who has followed our "rules" and lost the most pounds. The negative result of someone not fulfilling their promise is that the winner does not get the number of FQ's they were expecting. If we start police-ing this thread and initiating punitive remarks, it takes some of the fun out of it and may cause some not to join the thread. There will always be those who for one reason or another don't follow through with their commitments. To focus our attention on those few takes away from why we are here for each other. I think most of us are here for the support and friendship. I know that's why I signed up. I will probably never be the "winner" but this thread keeps me thinking about what I'm eating and encourages me to continue month after month in trying to improve my health. Of course, if the majority decides to do this, I will agree also. I've got enough FQ's in my stash to last a lifetime so I'm staying here no matter what!