View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Caswews

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

wow.. DH's brother moved in with us for a while (with that dreadful woman-and I do mean it !!)then got a house not far from us. Well he's laid the trip on my DH that he's been away from the family for 20 years due to all the drama caused by the sisters, (so he has to call DH daily and be with DH daily-well considering his whatever she is, I would want out of the house too!!!). DH is the oldest of six of a german family, brother is next then 4 sisters. So he plays that one so he and my DH can be together all the time, I put some of the kibosh to that by telling DH you are not "HIS" kids Dad and grandfather to "HIS" kids, you have kids of your own that need you as well as grands that need you. They are your neices/nephews grand neices/nephews.
I told DH its not his fault his brother stayed away from the family for 20 years and has that dreadful woman on his arm. His brother knew what he got (she is just awful and states some of the nastiest things and untrue things ever(doesn't know how to sew,cook or bake; but tells everyone she does!! thinks all women want her hubby<Gross> and are out to get her!), and how things were with the sisters in his family. But didn't stay in touch with his mom (unless she was in the hospital) or the rest of the family. Everyone tried to call him and keep him in touch with the family, but oh well not the DH's fault at all. So its not a constant battle, I told DH to weigh things and be realistic about life in general and remember it was his brother's wish to stay apart for 20 years not DH's.
Sigh and my family what is left of it emails, mails or calls 5 times a year, for that I am very grateful
Okay off that tangent: I would rather a person tell me we don't click and that be it as a friend than to remain a friend who gossips about me or ignores me !