Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 AM
IBQLTN

I didn't take the 'pledge' but I cut way back on buying. I didn't by any fabric for a 'future' quilt, I only supplemented. The one exception is that when I visit my VBF in Tampa, we always buy fabric. My favorite store has a sale wall of 30-75% off original price. I did buy from this wall but conservatively and with handbag/totebags in mind.

My impulse buying this year was patterns, not fabric. I bought several that have not yet been tried and of course, I got tons of freebies through this site!

All that being said, I think we need to remember that our LQS won't be there if we don't support it. I try to buy 'something' every time I go in ... even if it is a small amount. I think I read in this post (2) LQS's bit the dust this year and these are only the ones we know about by responding to this post. I wish my economic situation would allow me to buy more from them but I like to think that even a little bit helps ... a couple of zippers here, a pattern there, some fabric for binding. The overall increase in the price of cotton caused me to think twice before I bought.

I hope to decrease my sizable stash next year. I bought the AccuQuilt GO! and hope to find the time to cut up 'kits' for both myself and, more importantly, for our Hearts 2 Hands group at church.