Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric buying moratorium... it's time for an update! >

Fabric buying moratorium... it's time for an update!

Fabric buying moratorium... it's time for an update!

Old 12-15-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned View Post
My fabric moratorium is for 2012. Purchases only to finish projects, BOM in progress and for block swaps. I have plenty of PIGS and UFOs and a now huge collection of Asian fabrics bought just this year.
I agree. My fabric moratorium is for 2012. I have lots of projects already planned for the coming year - joined the board UFO group (that'll use some of the fabrics stored); the Carol Doaks Star group (ditto for more fabrics). Maybe I'll see a dent in my stash. I didn't go overboard in 2011, but I did buy - some wonderful Asian fabrics, as did IAmCat Owned and incidentally, I too, am cat owned by two spoiled cats - the eldest of which is in my avatar.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:06 PM

I did buy fabric, but I'm so proud of how little I purchased, even when I went to Houston. Now if I can just stop buying the gadgets.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
I practiced the moratorium. I did buy a bolt of my favorite black batik and the rest of the bolt of some must have Lady Yang fabric. I did most of my fabric shopping at thrift stores. I keep an Excel log of the thrift store purchases and this year date I purchased over 300 yards of fabric for about $1.00 a yard. Now I have to put myself on a Vintage sewing machine moratorium, I have run out of room to put anymore.

I, too, bought lots of fabric at thrift stores this year. One dollar a yard and I couldn't resist. I don't feel to guilty!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 PM

I was good for the first six months of the year and after that I don't know what happened. I just couldn't resist a bargain and/or free shipping. Nevermind, as I've now retired from the workforce and my income has decreased considerably so those purchases are now sound investments for my future quilting projects.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:30 AM

Bought very little fabric. Concentrated on trying to finish wips and ufos. Will continue doing so in 2012 until caught up.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:31 AM

i didnt do as well as id hoped for 1 thing i didnt get on the bandwagon til may ?? not exactly sure when i started. i also am in the process of making a quilt for a person who picked out theyre own specific colors i bought all the fabric for that one. as he picked colors i dont buy much of. i did buy fabric for 1 baby quilt as we had a surprise gift in our family this year. other than that i only bought backings for whatever i finished, which i knew id have to do because when i buy fabric for my stash its seldom more than a yard or 2 of any particular kind and im not good at piecing backs i have enough problems piecing the fronts lol. i plan to try again this year and be sterner and do better. well see how that goes were planning a trip in may to michigan which ive never been and were driving so....... well see.
carla
Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 AM

I shopped my stash, just bought blenders