Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Joanne9of12

I've been reporting a Stash Report on Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times blog for a couple of years now and this year has been a great success for me. I bought fabric this year, but most of it was for projects as needed. I did buy some "always needed" neutrals (off-white and black), and much of that has been used while others are anxoiusly waiting their turn. I've used double from my stash than what I bought. YEAH!!

I never really said I wasn't going to buy any fabric, just watch what I buy and I did that. This "exercise" has helped me learn to make scrappy quilts, something I was always afraid to do, with much greater ease, and not always a "controlled scrappy." Most importantly, this has helped me revisit my stash and "bond" with some of those fabric that I bought a number of years ago. That brought back many fond memories! Can anyone else tell someone when and where you bought a particular fabric, how much it cost and the original project for which it was intended, but you can't remember where you put your car keys yesterday?