View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 09:21 AM
yayaquilts

I know using Triangulations or inklingo are both easier ways to make mulitiples of HST or QST, but the problem would be the fact that you would be making so many of them alike, since you stack the light and darks. I'm trying to do mine all scrappy, mixing the fabrics all up, but I found that I was driving myself crazy trying to make sure I didn't have duplicates. So I finally just did them in groups, and hopefully won't have many duplicates.

I discovered I actually have 55 finished and squared up QST's! The squaring up to 2.5" has taken a long time too! I'm noticing that some of mine are coming out a scant small so am only sewing scant 1/4" seams. For those you haven't started the first part of making the QST's, I would definitely recommend cutting the original squares at 3.5" not 3.25"to be sure the finished sewing will be 2.5."

To make the HST, I used "Stitching Lines" by Marin & Colusa. I know the gal who makes these, and they make it really easy-but you do have the tear off the paper, as in the strings!