Old 12-13-2011, 05:55 PM
zoeytoo

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
And what were you just saying to me the other day when I felt humbuggy (is this a word?)? You know you don't have to unpack all 18. I think I will just do SOME of mine. DGD will be here tomorrow, maybe she will help me get in the mood. DGS stopped by (he's a college student) this morning for a while. His mother (my DD) still thinks I am coming to dinner tomorrow. I told him no that I was NOT if his AUNT (DIL) was going to be there. My pumpkin pie is made, turkey breast is thawing in fridge, house is cleaned, and dogs got "sponge baths". They were chasing around the muddy back yard at the UPS truck, so I had to wash them before they could even come in the house.
I use the 'what would Jesus do" test when I have a decision to make. Like would baby Jesus want us to hold a grudge against a stupid or unkind family member or would He want us to forgive them, do good to those who persecute us, and turn the other cheek? I find that when my family or friends are stupid or unkind and I forgive them I feel better and things get better. The times I am unable to do this, things stay bad or get worse. Its better for me to try to do what Jesus would do or would want me to do. This is sent in the spirit of being a friend to you. Please do not be offended as I am only trying to pass on what works for me. I also had a big dog who was in tree destruct mode and a beagle who ate all the tinsel from the lower half of the tree while we were sleeping on Christmas Eve. It looked like a tool had removed all the tinsel and stopped half way up the tree. We worried she'd die from the tinsel but she was just fine. We had to take tinsel from the top and put some on the bottom, it was a sad sight. Please PM me if you want to tell me to take a flying jump in the lake, or wish me a Merry Christmas