View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
RonieM

My sister and I went on a Norwegean Cruise to Alaska in September 2008 (this was my first cruise). We went through a travel company called Sew Many Places (http://www.sewmanyplaces.com/). Jim was a wonderful host and the company did some special things that made us feel special. Jim is a former cruise director, so he knew what to ask for. He was able to get us specials at the spa, had hot chocolate chip cookies delivered to our classroom, a cocktail party in one of the lounges just for us, etc. We only sewed while we were at sea, but not all the time - we had plenty of time to participate in ship activities. We also had a great room for sewing with a great view. Sewing machines were provided by Baby Lock and Sew Many Places brought the irons, mats, etc. We only had to bring basic sewing supplies.

Oh, I forgot to mention Eleanor Burns was our teacher - what a hoot that woman is!! We got to meet Eleanor's assistant, Sue Bouchard, as well as members of her family because they were on the cruise too.

If I was to take another quilting trip, I would probably go through Sew Many Places.