View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I went to our only (That I know of) guild meeting last month to check it out. It was pretty boring. I keep watching online to see if they are doing workshops that I might want to get in on but have not seen any at all that interest me. As large as our local guild is I have found the workshops to be far and few between.... In fact their next one will be in NOVEMBER!!!

My friends and I have pretty much decided that we probably need to start our own not so long and boring with a ton of talking - and mix it in to a sewing group instead - this way we can all actually learn or do something each time we meet.... I was saddened that the guild didn't talk about techniques or anything. Having said that I was not able to stay for the lecturer since I was only a guest... but I'm also not much of a lecture type of a person. I prefer hands on.

I was really really wanting to like it but after watching their website looking at what their lecture speakers are talking about and not being interested in any of the speakers since last January I should have already known I was going to be less than impressed. I had hoped for a lot more I guess.

The only positive thing I got out of attending the meeting was they did a show and tell time and I saw a few quilts that were very pretty. They also have a large lending library of quilting books... they had a few that I was considering purchasing. The $25 dues for the year might be worth it just to be able to borrow books instead of purchasing them.

I don't think I'll be joining the guild though. I really really wanted to like it but I was super disappointed.