Old 12-15-2011, 02:16 AM
nancia

wow!! i can't believe how many new names!! welcome, welcome, welcome!! we don't do magic here, but we do make pounds disappear, and in many cases, smiles appear in their place! these life changes take a lot of effort and a lot of time. so it stands to reason we need a lot of support! keep checking in and make yourself heard!! some of us have been here a good long time and have reached small goals on our way to our ultimate goal. and there's been a bit of slip sliding backwards now and again. this holiday season is a very difficult time to try and deprive yourself. instead, do a mental re-alignment. give yourself a very achievable goal--like, i will have a hi- protein breakfast, no bacon. then when you go to the party that night, instead of saying 'i can't eat that", turn your mind positively to ' i can choose 1 goodie because i met today's goal. out of all these choices my reward is....... . if there are 3 things all screaming your name as your reward, have one bite of each, and discreetly throw the rest away. if your husband is thin, pawn it off on him.' here honey you'll love this ! i tried it to be sure!' but unless you affected world peace and an end to world wide hunger, you probably haven't earned a reward bigger than 3 bites. 8-)
xylie--i was so worried about you! i will pm my phone number to you as i can call for free, so if you call me i can call you back. and carry it ( the phone) with you so if you fall into another tree you can call for help! i am so sorry you are in pain. be sure to drink LOTS of water. pain pills slow down the digestive tract and cause constipation (no politer way to say it). water helps move things along, and as we all know, flushes out the fat! i'm convinced extra fiber helps, too. that's why oatmeal is so often recommended in diets. sounds like you have a bone bruise. be patient, it takes a while to heal!
i have decided to enter a new swap== the six blocks for 6 blocks swap. the theme is springtime, so i have designed a tulip 9 sq. block. i will try to post a picture and you can tell me how to improve it. i kinda like it! and i'm doing the quilting in the new year swap, finishing up a boomerang swap, making a table runner for valentines, and doing the dq swap' that should keep me chained to the sewing machine LOL! i hope i haven't signed up for any more, that should be enough for one month! i want to get all the boom blocks done before january. i'll be busy sewing and will have no time to eat!! i've lost 3 lbs this month and 3 oz. 1 more and i'll have a 1/4lb. just like mcdonald's! hahaha my mind is so sick!
i have let my mother and my anger go. no sense in trying to fight with the dead. you can't change the past, but you can shape the future. the service is set for sunday jan.8th. that will be my last trip to nh for a long time. hope there are no blizzards that week end. january in nh, no telling!
as mr grace says, 'you're all doing very well!' now, make it true!!