Old 12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
purplemem

I am so grateful that Christmas cookies haven't learned my name. They hardly ever yell at me. But Christmas candy??? OMG, it is so good that I am bed bound right now.

The lung doc upgraded my diagnosis from mild PH to moderate PH. Found a prob with my heart and gave me a beta blocker to help it pump. I gained 21 pounds in fluid in the last 10 days. Took 60 mg lasix last night and lost 7.5, it is still going today. Will be double on lasix for the next 5 days in hopes I improve.

Xylie, thank God you are back!!! Stay out of the trees! I understand the pain issues, I am on painkillers now for my defunct knee and just barely hobble to the bathroom.

I love the comment about reward (nancia?) of 3 bites, I can do that when offered temptations.

DH and I are just maintaining from day to day. I saw he slipped a present under the tree. It is kinda lonely there all by itself, but maybe it will have friends visit...

The joy of retirement is you don't have to do things the way you always did. If you have no enjoyment from the cookies, candies or baking, skip that part of Christmas. Find something intricate to hand quilt and spend some time with your hands occupied. It will keep you from snacking and reward you with a lovely Christmas treasure.

If you have to attend holiday parties, eat a bowl of soup before you leave the house (or drink it). The warmth and volume will fill up your tummy and you will desire less of the goodies.

I miss the old PDA section, I can't figure out the blog thing because I feel like I'm always writing to myself. It's just weird.

I really want to get to the "blues" quilt but I just have no energy. I spend my time either playing facebook games or sleeping, neither is very productive. I just don't seem to have concentration skills.

My family (the healthy ones) are all participating in the end of the year marathons. Is anyone training for a marathon on here? Irish, are you still walking to your grandson's? What goals are you setting for next year? Make them attainable but push a little. If you know you can comfortably walk 5 miles a week, move your goal to 7 miles a week.

I have a friend that walks 15 miles a week, but she seems to put it off each week until the weekend. On Monday she is pretty sore but she has lost 24 pounds this way over a year with no dieting at all. Find your motivation...if you hate to watch what you eat, pick up the pace!!

Hugs to all,
MJ