Thread: Scam!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 10:39 AM
vjjo743

My daughter sells Avon and has a webiste. She got an email from a person wanting to order $200.00 worth of products and would send a money order or check to her. The email was polite and had a lot of grammatical errors and typos. I told her it sounded suspicious. She got a second email saying they had a secretary send her a check, but she was in the hospital and had a car wreck, but the check was for a lot more than the $200.00, she quoted some Bible verses hoping she could trust us to return the extra money (Ha). We had our address on the email, mistake, has since taken it off email. They FedXed the check to us for $1900.00. Wanted us to deposit in the bank and then send the rest of the money to her daughter Western Union for her wedding. I was trying to get someone to help us with this scam, maybe catch them, so I continued to play a long. Next email we got was telling us she had just returned from her brothers' burial and by the way she said she was also deaf. We took the check to the bank and they looked it over and it was a fraud, account numbers did not match on check. The scamer even called us on the phone wanting the money sent, they were getting very aggressive, not so polite anymore. I told them we took the check to the bank and it was not a good check and was being sent back to their financial institution. Never heard from them again. So Wells Fargo is investigating them.