Old 12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Judith1005

Hi grann of 6, I guess I missed out on the baking day. Sniff, Sniff, maybe another time. I was at a sew in working on turtles. Turtles here, turtles there, turtles everywhere. I will be posting more about them at a later date. That is so sweet that your little grand daughter called you. Seems like your grand daughter may be from the tree NEXT to mama. Maybe mama will come around. (eventually) Thats a real nice thing your doing. Someone will surely apprecaite your warm quilts this winter.

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Well, if you come today, you can help bake gingerbread houses. I have 2 baked and 5 more to go. These are not little houses either. They are about 8-10" tall, so the kids have lots of room to use their artistic talents on them. They aren't fancy either, just one end with a door and sides with windows and chimney on roof. I melt hard candies to make stained glass windows. One year I forgot and the kids had a fit. So I MUST do that this year. Little 7-year old DGD called me yesterday to thank me for sending that quilt to Vermont in her name. Her mother is the wacky one. I did NOT get a thank you from DIL though. She was very cordial, is going to get lots of candy and goodies for the sleepover. DGD is so excited, says she will bring her sleeping bag. I may be exhausted from baking these things, but to see the kids having so much fun together is well worth it. They grow up so fast......