View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
candi

Sheri, I think that since you washed a scrap and it did Ok, then why not, if you want to use the dress scraps, use them

QuilterMomma, I think what you described sounds good. Like you, I have never done a scrappy before, so this is quite out of my comfort zone. The way I personally approached this is looking at my FQ bins ( don't have many scraps) and picked the two colors I thought I had the most of: red and green. And then for my dark, I have lots of browns, and the neutral I am using yardage as I don't have any scraps of that at all. Hope this helps you some, if you look at the clues so far, Bonnie has been using really small pieces and a wide variety of hues of the same color, so say you picked red for your main color, anything from pinks to burgundy and maybe even purple would work in these string blocks. I say just dive in

On another note, I've been trying to catch up here, I made 92 QSTs and have the rest cut, made about a dozen of clue two and have lots more strings cut, and then about a dozen HST and the rest cut, yup, spent a good part of the day cutting today. A gift I was working on for a friend didn't turn out like I wanted it to, so I took my frustration out on the fabric, slish slash, woo hoo, lots cut, but unfortunately I have to work all weekend, so sewing will go slowly, but I am looking forward to clue 5 (OMG, just saying that makes me feel behind )