Old 12-15-2011, 10:02 PM
dublb

My DGM usually gives some strange gifts. Most years the kids get something that is way too young for 'em. If she gives clothes they are usually not the style that the person would wear. Last year she gave me & my sister each a large elastic bracelet with 5 layers of .05 inch rind-stones. It even falls off of my wrist. This is a teenagers bracelet & I'm 50. I usually were "dainty" jewelry. I know that she is trying to give us nice gifts & I love her for that. For my birthday this year she gave me some lovely blue pearls. Blue is my favorite color. I'm happy with whatever she gives me (sometimes it is good & some times it's not) 'cause she gave from her heart & at 92 I'm just glad that she's here to give me something & I can give her something also.

I'm approaching my 29th anniversary. I used to go out in the garden & start digging every spring. I would never get the whole garden dug up but would plant in the area that I had dug. For my 9th anniversary I got a tiller. I can't run it, but it is mine. Ok so it wore out & we replaced it, but in my mind if it replaced the first one then the second one is mine too! I didn't have to dig in the garden anymore & my DH started helping me with it. Win win for me.

One year for Mother's day my kids wanted to get me breakfast in bed. I got peanut butter & jelly on tortilla chips! I told 'em how wonderful they were, ate a couple of 'em, & when the kids left the room I threw 'em away. I tease 'em about it now!