View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 07:58 AM
breezyquilts

Smile Quilts for public viewing

I live in Lebanon Oregon and work in a medical clinic. We have about 12 Dr.'s and Nurse Practitioners, so it is a fairly large office. The manager lets me display my quilts in the building. I get comments on them daily, which is fun but not the reason that I hang them there. I do it to provide comfort to my patients and to educate the public on what quilting is, which is an art form. The other thing I do for the guild I belong to, the Santiam Scrappers Quilt Guild, and our community, is hang quilts at our local Safeway store in the pharmacy department. I have been doing that for at least 6 years now. The pharmacy is locked up at night, so the quilts are safe. I have two spots to hang smaller quilts and change them out once a month. The pharmacy staff love it and so do the people who shop there!!! I am constantly bugging the members of the guild to give me at least two of their small quilts for a month to show. I don't want the quilts to always be mine!!!
I would love to hear how others are sharing quilts with the public. Maybe we could spark a quilt revolution