Old 12-17-2011, 09:56 AM
zoeytoo

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Just to clarify something, I too spent many years with one basic machine that clothed my family and decorated my windows. When my husband passed away he said he thought he left me financially comfortable enough that I could live in a way as not to have to work any more. I love my little home out here in the sticks and have no desire to travel. I have been blessed with a gift of the ability to sew. So I quilt for others on my wonderful machines and make gifts for my family. I certainly understand what it is like to not have any extra money, been there. Bless all of you, and you are more than welcome to come "play in my sandbox" and I will share my toys with you.
Good for you! You are in a good place in your life and deserve it. Right now I want to buy things for my son because that is what makes me happy but when he is working and has money to buy his own things, I will be good to myself too. I have a few nice machines and all I need for now. On my "what to get when I win the lottery" list are a cutting machine (which I saw on this post and did not know existed before) and a felting machine which I saw on tv today.