Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Kathy T.

I'm finally checking in and sending my condolences to Nancia.

I can say I've been joining you in the emotional eating because my mother is in assisted living and I know she isn't that happy. She is exhibiting more signs of dementia but still wants to move into her own house with a kitchen. One of the reasons she is in AL is because she couldn't handle her own medications, she left the stove burners on, skipped meals (but insisted she had eaten - the evidence was on the counter - a full meal still in the to-go box), lost her wallet full of money, lost just her credit card (for the second time) - in other words, all of the usual.

She loves all of the activities that the AL offers and her health has been much better since the nurses are giving her the medications, so she could be happy if she'd let herself be, but you can't change someone else's thoughts.

So on my weight loss front, I give myself credit for NOT stopping for a Dunkin Donut everytime I leave her place! But I did fall for the Rice Krispie Treats last week (among other things). I had lost 4 lbs the week before, but gained 3 back this past week. I might have to put that FQ incentive in the kitchen instead of the sewing room!

Congratulations to all the participants who are keeping on track ... I applaud your success. There's still plenty of month left to be successful in!