View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Dianemarie

I too have a local quilt shop; boring-------They greet you when you enter and ask if you need help; then again are you sure I can't help you find something- the end ! They have a small amount of fabric and patterns; some samples hung with class schedules attached. I have asked for a certain notion(inexpensive) and they don't know what I'm talking about; I explain leave my number and they said they would look it up for me -- months ago. I called and ordered it myself online. I thought it might be something for the shop to sell on a regular basis; I'm not the only one who uses it.
I travel an hour to get to a Great Quilt shop ! They are friendly - whatcha makin -- its cold out-- did you have lunch already we're going to the deli want something. Seriously !! they are the nicest group I know in a shop ! There shop is a buzz with new patterns and fabrics. Carry a conisistent line of batiks, thirties, halloween, blenders, embroidery plus redwork supplies, pillows, tea towels, etc, etc. Weekly blurb on the computer; and Oh yes they have not only classes but retreats - yes for 3 and 4 days ! I can't do those but they sell out - and they have evening classes and serve dinner!
It is a very social happening place ! I can't participate in most of what they offer; but keep informed with the weekly newsletter that contain information about new products and fab lines and sometimes a contest that you answer online and can win a prize(pattern, supplies, fab- you never know!)Ok enough from me I wish you the best !