View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 AM
yayaquilts

I made a dozen blue string blocks yesterday and have about 30 more to sew. I do love making strings!! They probably take me a bit longer to make as I predetermine strips of fabrics to go in each block, and lay them on the paper. I usually have to add one more strip as the seams always take up more space than I think, but this method seems to work well for me.

I'm a bit sad I probably won't get much more sewing done now till after Christmas...I have to really tidy up my sewing room, and put the "mess" as my DH would call it, to make room for a pack n' play or two to be kept in it. I also have to clean the house and ready it for a house full of guests to sleep here. I need to do some baking as well, and then tomorrow morning will be grandkiddos (3) watching while my daughter makes a favorite Greek dish for her dad (one his mom always made and he hasn't had in quite a while!), and a little last minute stocking stuffer shopping! So I better get busy.

Glad to see we are going to start making blocks with some of our pieces in Part 6!!

brookemarie19: praying for you, your family, and especially for the relief of the pain your grandmother is having. May God give you strength, peace and comfort at this time.

Merry Christmas everyone!