Old 12-22-2011, 10:09 AM
greenini

Originally Posted by davis2se View Post
About weeks ago I was in Decatur, GA, for a month helping my DD with the grandkids following her tonsilectomy - horrid, horrid experience for an adult, but that is another story. Anyway, one day I had to have my quilt shop fix, and went into a shop called Intown Quilters. While there I saw the most wonderful little girls outfit all sewn up, and I just HAD to have the pattern. But, they didn't have the pattern anymore. The quilt shop owner was at the Houston Quilt Market, and she was hoping to come home with some of the patterns. No problem says I. I will buy the fabric here and now, and get the pattern from an on-line source. However, after trying at least 10 on-line sources I was not able to find the pattern. I was told it was out of print. I held onto hope though, since I hadn't heard from Intown Quilters yet. Alas, about 2 weeks ago I got a call from them, apologizing for taking so long, but telling me that the pattern was indeed out of print and they had not been able to get it either. I thanked them for their trying and set about trying to find a similar pattern. Late Saturday afternoon my phone rang here in MI, and to my great surprise it was "Lacie" from Intown Quilters. She told me that they had just found 3 sets of the pattern that I had wanted, and wondered if I still wanted it. Of Course!!! She is holding it for me until we get to Atlanta/Decatur later this week. I was just astounded, and very grateful, for both her tenacity in searching for the pattern, and also for not tossing my contact information after her first call to me. That shop will be my go to quilt and fabric source EVERY single time I visit my DD and grands from now on. And I will use this example when talking about great customer service in the future.
Intown is "my" go to quilt shop. If you're going to be around the end of the month we're having a QB get together there, it will be the second one there. Check for the thread under Meetings.