Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
And yet another great customer service example >

And yet another great customer service example

And yet another great customer service example

Old 12-21-2011, 07:30 AM

It is great to know that there are people out there still that truly believe in good customer service. They will always be on your list of places to shop.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Yeah for them, and you for sharing it with us.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:46 AM

What a great Customer Service experience.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 AM

I guess we have to hear or read the horror stories to be thankful for the positive ones. LQS are going to have to have great Customer Service in order to stay open. Times are hard for everyone so when we spend our money we want to know they are going to back thier products and do whatever they can to help you get what you need.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM

It is so nice to hear of great and above the call to customer service. I had a great experience myself recently at a LQS called Quilts Bayou in Lake Charles, LA. I purchased fabric to make a quilt and asked for a yard or so of some Louisiana fabric that I could take back to my quilt group in Ohio. She showed me what she had; tho it wasn't the piece that screams Louisiana! I was hoping for Gumbo and shrimp and alligators, you get the picture. Well she said I don't have any of that left; but I did make some table covers for my son's wedding out of that fabric and I will bring you some. I went in the store on our way out of town and she had the fabric waiting for me. Free! And all serged. I thought her kindness and generosity was much over the top.

When one of our group goes someplace different we try to get a piece of fabric from the area to share with everyone when we return. So, now I have a table cover that I can cut into pieces for my group. And, I will highly recommend Quilts Bayou in Lake Charles to everyone!
Sandy
Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM

I LOVE THAT SHOP!!! They do have exceptional customer service & gorgeous unique fabrics. I was also impressed with the customer service from a Touch of Thread Quilting Gallery in Zanesville, OH. I bought fabric there while traveling, the needed more later when I'd decided on the pattern. Like your situation, out of stock, out of print. A week later another clerk found my note and found the fabric. I was amazed! I love happy stories of people going "above & beyond."
Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 PM

The way to win the hearts and minds of quilters!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by davis2se View Post
About weeks ago I was in Decatur, GA, for a month helping my DD with the grandkids following her tonsilectomy - horrid, horrid experience for an adult, but that is another story. Anyway, one day I had to have my quilt shop fix, and went into a shop called Intown Quilters. While there I saw the most wonderful little girls outfit all sewn up, and I just HAD to have the pattern. But, they didn't have the pattern anymore. The quilt shop owner was at the Houston Quilt Market, and she was hoping to come home with some of the patterns. No problem says I. I will buy the fabric here and now, and get the pattern from an on-line source. However, after trying at least 10 on-line sources I was not able to find the pattern. I was told it was out of print. I held onto hope though, since I hadn't heard from Intown Quilters yet. Alas, about 2 weeks ago I got a call from them, apologizing for taking so long, but telling me that the pattern was indeed out of print and they had not been able to get it either. I thanked them for their trying and set about trying to find a similar pattern. Late Saturday afternoon my phone rang here in MI, and to my great surprise it was "Lacie" from Intown Quilters. She told me that they had just found 3 sets of the pattern that I had wanted, and wondered if I still wanted it. Of Course!!! She is holding it for me until we get to Atlanta/Decatur later this week. I was just astounded, and very grateful, for both her tenacity in searching for the pattern, and also for not tossing my contact information after her first call to me. That shop will be my go to quilt and fabric source EVERY single time I visit my DD and grands from now on. And I will use this example when talking about great customer service in the future.
Intown is "my" go to quilt shop. If you're going to be around the end of the month we're having a QB get together there, it will be the second one there. Check for the thread under Meetings.