Old 12-23-2011, 05:28 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
Just finished packing all my treats, too. That's what all of my siblings and a few others get for Christmas. I am so proud of myself. I wanted to make a messenger bag and a laptop cover for my DD. We are giving her a small laptop. I found a pattern for the laptop bag, but not the other. So, this morning, I made the laptop one and designed a messenger bag my self. I turned out so good. I am finally officially finished with all holiday projects. Whooo hooo!
Good for you, Mcdaniel. Handmade gifts is what Christmas is all about. I have been making my gifts since I was a child and gave my grandmother an apron; and one year I made everyone pillowcases. When I was in high school I made baby layettes and donated them to an orphan's home in our town. I didn't tell anyone I did it, until I spent Christmas Eve with my boyfriends parents. They had just come from spending Christmas Eve at the Orphan's home and started telling about the wonderful baby clothes made by someone from my school. Of course I got all embarrassed when they figured out it was me that had made them.
I am currently waiting for my chicken flavored dog bones to finish baking. I will give them to all the grandpuppies and my pups. I may make some more fudge tomorrow.