Old 12-24-2011, 08:22 AM
jad1044

The way I read this, is she is trying to keep out the cold air from the vented area behind the stove, right? I'd start on the outside of the house - wrap it with insulations and cover it with a heavy plastic sheet - secure it in place somehow (duct tape might work) around the vent - this time of year is hard to secure on the outside of buildings, but I'd not put anything on the wall behind the stove unless it was also securely placed; use thumb tacks to attach it to the wall, or even a fancy tape - or use moulding to "frame" it into place, but do not just hang it for fear of it falling onto the cooktop - regardless of how safety conscious you are, stoves do malfunction - very seldom, but it could happen none the less.. so I'd be fearful of causing even more destruction in trying to make it look presentable without securing it firmly in place... just a few suggestions that I can think of... but the idea of a "quilted" background is appealing none the less... good luck in whatever you wind up doing.

Last edited by jad1044; 12-24-2011 at 08:24 AM.