View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 05:16 AM
cinnya

Originally Posted by Happy Tails View Post
I think that's an absolutely awesome idea!!! Our Walmarts had a Christmas Tree for Seniors with Paper ornaments on it with the person's first name, male or female and an item they would like to have. This is my second year for picking ornaments off that tree and I loved it so much. Everywhere I go, they're doing something or collecting for the children and while I think that's wonderful, I loved that someone was finally doing something for the seniors. I would love to jump on board to a Seniors without Kin project. Maybe I need a little brain storming here so I'm thinking the best way to go about this would be to pick a seniors home and go have a talk to the Manager and find out who is in there without kin. I lost my mother last February and would love to do something like this. This summer my project was a foster family with 5 children, so I made 5 quilts, which left me no time to look into this Senior idea. I guess my question to all you guys is, am I going about this the right way? Would you start with going to a Seniors home like I suggested? Please feel free to help me with ideas for this. I will plan to start right away in January. Thanks, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to EVERYBODY!!! Wendy
THank you...
we as a family have picked one nursing home every year. We wait till the last few days and than go and get all the names that are left on their angel tree. those are the ones who have no family at all.
Those are our "grandmas and grandpas" and you cannot believe how grateful they are for just the smallest items.
So please , next year consider checking out the angeltrees in nursing homes.