Old 12-27-2011, 08:52 AM
SueSew

My DD surprised me - she went to the quilting Board (yes she is a researcher and found it right away!) and she searched for LQS's and for recommendations on hand-quilting stuff as I just did my first hand quilting project (and can still type, hurrah!) so I have a teeny-needle-threader, quilting stickies for my fingers, and a beautiful leather thimble.
And a dust-buster for the quilting lab!

My DH got really inspired and in a week he put an inset in my big oak desk to sit my Janome in, raised my cutting/ironing table to 36", and made me a 5'x6' design wall on a removable wood frame and helped me staple the fuzzy material to it. What a difference it makes, after a year of backaches from sitting wrong and cutting and ironing all bent over and even crawling around the floor to layout blocks.

I also got some old (1972) McCall's Quilting magazines and a Sunset Guide to Quilting from our eldest, who had a friend who used to quilt. I expected the bright colors but I was surprised to see the prevalence of applique work, as well as one quilt which was machine-quilted to near oblivion in all the background areas.

Everything with love, which is just where I'm at.