View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 AM
urgodschild2

Default How would you want someone to react?

I was wondering after reading the post on people not appreciating the quilts we make. I know the hard work, creativity, and joy that goes into making my quilts and to give it to someone who just doesn't respond is very disappointing. But I was wondering....what if someone made me a quilt that was all the wrong colors or design for me. How would I react??? Of course I would be very appreciated because I know the work involved and also how nice of them to think of me. But I realized that I probably would put it in the closet and not look at it again. That is really not appreciating the gift. So I was wondering if there is a way for a person to tell the giver in a kind way that they don't like the colors or it is not their style and it would be better to give it to someone else who would really appreciate it. But also to be able to tell the giver that they like certain colors, quiet colors, not flowery things, or whatever their taste. I think that some people are also thinking how can this fit into the decor of their own home and that may be a reason that they act blah about the gift. I have decided that because of this post and how people have responded to it that I might be asking people about their preferences in regards to colors, etc.
So what I was wondering was......if you received a quilt that you just could not stand colors or designs, how would your respond and what would you do with the quilt after you got it?????