Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How would you want someone to react? >

How would you want someone to react?

How would you want someone to react?

Old 12-31-2011, 05:33 PM

Hmmmm.....I would probably lay it on my spare bed, then debate on putting it in the closet. I wouldn't have the heart to admit they weren't my colors, etc
Old 12-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Dee

I think its kind to be gracious to the gift giver, especially when you know its from their heart.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
My Mother was working on a cross-stitch quilt when she died and told me she was going to give it to me when it was finished. I got the top from my Sister a couple of months ago and it's done in dusty blue and pink - only two colors. It is so not me. The blocks are sewn together without sashing and these are preprinted blocks with the hand-quilting lines already drawn. I had every intention of dividing it and making a quilt for my Sister and I before I saw it. Now I don't know what to do with it because I know it's not my Sister's colors either.

Not having seen the quilt in mention I was wondering if you could still divide the blocks then surround them in side sashings of a colour that will complement those used yet also be to your liking. You could even set these on an increasing/decreasing diagonal with the baclground being either lighter or darker depending on the colours that are used. Another sugestion is similar, divide the bocks in half and centre each block inside something traditional like a churn dash block. Use colours that you and your sister both like. Once centred surround the block layout with a narrow border then add either a pieced border using various colurs or using the outline of the block you used to surround the cross stitch ones, keeping the centre of the block plain border the whole top. Just a suggestion bearing in mind I haven't seen the quilt top in question. Goog luck with your decision.

Maybe1day