Thread: Pots and Pans
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Lisanne

Default Pots and Pans

I have some copper-bottomed Revereware pots and pans that I bought in the early 1990s. Wow, it really shocked me when I realized they're over 20 years old - how time flies!

I really hate to replace them, because they're in fine shape, but it looks like the insides have worn down to the copper. They still cook just fine, but I'm worried about the copper leaching into the food and into me. High copper levels in the blood can cause health problems, and I don't need more of those!

Any recommends? The company that makes Revereware is gone, and I'm not willing to buy refurbished or replicas via the web. Definitely NO non-stick and NO aluminum cookware for me. I'd like to stay with stainless steel, copper-bottomed pots but would consider all-stainless. I've been shopping around and haven't liked anything I've seen. The ones I'm seeing all have odd, clunky, uncomfortable handles.

I bought a saucepan at Wegman's (upscale East Coast supermarket chain with a full section of kitchen supplies) to try it out. I like the pot well enough, except that the handle is so long and heavy, the pot tips over. Talk about hazardous!

I've been to Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond, JC Penney, Target and Wal-mart. I guess I'm hoping there's a lesser-known brand out there, or I may end up at the dollar store getting nameless Third World pots.

Last edited by Lisanne; 12-28-2011 at 02:42 PM.