View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:29 PM
IAmCatOwned

Actually, I have received an afghan that I could not stand colors or design. Used it in the bedroom for naps (which I take a lot of these days, it seems). I'm not into the matchy matchy thing in the bedroom since I don't live in there and its dark anyway. You could use it in a family room. Kids don't care if you think it's ugly. It is cuddly for watching movies. I put those afghans/quilts into a storage ottoman - perfect. They get pulled out for movie watching. I had one ugly afghan (and it is ugly - even my grandmother, the maker, said it was ugly) that I was using as a car afghan - my Mom adores it and has it now. People like different things.

I don't have an issue with my giftees. They pick their quilts out. I just tell them that if they change their minds to let me know. I can give them something different. I love to make scrap quilts, but can't really live with them, and they are often the first to be chosen!

For baby quilts/afghans, I just tell them that if the quilt is not to their taste or they have too much stuff to feel free to donate it to L&D dept. at our local hospitals. Many of the nurses are quilters too and they give the quilts to a needy kid. I know one mom who got 4 quilts and 2 afghans at her baby shower - I totally understood why she wanted to donate my quilt and I was all for it.

Last edited by IAmCatOwned; 12-28-2011 at 03:38 PM.