View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 05:00 PM
raedar63

Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
Good question, I've often wondered the same thing. Quite honestly, when I see some of the quilts on here that are going to be given as gifts, all I can think of is "wow"..... and I don't mean that in a good way. Truth be told, I'll bet I'm not the only one with that response. This is going to be interesting.....
First,This type of reaction really bothers me and is why I wont post photos. Second, I can't imagine anyone taking the time to make me a quilt so if they did I would be totally speechless. This christmas I recieved a box of candy,a pair of slippers and a peacock feather hair clip that I would NEVER wear. The point is the peacock feather came from my son who knows how much I love feathers so you see ,he put thought into that gift and that means so much to me. I told him I loved it and I do for the thought that went into it. I currently have it hanging from the rearview mirror of my car and told him since I can't wear those type of things to work I will get to see it everytime I am driving.
It amazes me how materalistic people have become. Who cares if it matches, I would be grateful for the thought that went into it. I know the thought that goes into things I make. One year I made my mom some stuffed rabbits with clothes on them, well she then got into making them and hers were soooooo much better than mine. I told mom that it was ok if she fixed mine up or just got rid of them beacuse hers were so pretty. Moms response was "I would never do that I know how busy you are working ,farming and taking care of the boys and what time was sacrificed to make me the rabbits,I could never get rid of them" well that was about 20 or so years ago and at christmas I noticed those pitiful little rabbits still there on their little bench in my moms spotless home.......giving AND recieving should be from the heart......

Last edited by raedar63; 12-28-2011 at 05:04 PM.