View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 PM
QuiltMania

Originally Posted by raptureready View Post
I'm sure some of you other quilters out there read these books so here's my question: Did I miss something? I just read Aloha Quilt and I'll admit that I had to force myself to finish it to see if it got any better. By the time I got to the end I thought that if I read the phrase E.C.Q. (you know what that means) again that I would be physically ill. Are they all like that? Perhaps it's just me but I don't like repetitive phrasing or the over-use of "hot" words. Like the over-use of the word "embedded" during the first Gulf war. I must say that the story line was okay and I loved reading about some of the history of Hawaiian quilts but......
I've enjoyed them all so far except The Aloha Quilt. Not great literature to be sure but nice reads. The earlier ones in the series were better than the later ones. I get the sense that the author is trying to crank the books out faster and faster and is not spending enough time on character development or on plot lines. I got The Wedding Quilt for Christmas and just ordered The Union Quilters and The Quilters Holiday. Hopefully they will be better than The Aloha Quilt or I won't order any more in the series.