View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 01:52 PM
SueSew

Harriet, I read all the comments from your last posting.I looked this up on the net also. I saw a video. I STILL don't get what it is doing.

Does it have a lip sticking up which protects the hands? I'm all for not cutting the tip of my finger off, so a lip would be nice. I would buy something to protect my finger as I am a clutz.

Does it hold the ruler under it steady only when it can stick onto the mat? I use the big JT strip cutter for strips and the rule Steady would go off the mat.

I hate slippy rulers, so I put a binder clip on the far end of my 24" ruler to attach it to the mat when I'm lining up a piece which is WOF. I'm not sure the Rule steady would improve on a secure binder clip.

Some of my errors in cutting are because the cutter (under my SURE GRIP! LOL) strays from the ruler out into the fabric. This product would not keep it in line, but I bless the JT for keeping my cutter in the groove every time I use it.

I don't see how it could be cost-justified on how much fabric you waste by not having it. You would have to waste over seven yards for ROI in 12 months. the JT is not justified in reducing fabric waste, but it sure is justified in labor to cut and in easier precision piecing, both of which have high value to me.

I would appreciate your comments.
Thanks
Sue