Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
deemail

i design or trace a design i like then put a large sewing needle into my sewing machine, set for a med-large st length and sew around the designs with no thread, piercing the paper. If the pattern seems to be a good one or one I especially like, I cover both sides with clear contact paper to make them last...and of course, in that case, you have to sew after the plastic application. Then you buy chalk powder or (use what you have, like me, and clean out your pencil sharpener and sharpen all the white chalk to a powder), ... put pattern on square, use makeup brush to get the chalk in the holes and go...the chalk will be such a small dot that most of it will disappear while you are quilting. I have never had any luck with colored chalk as it does not come out easily... but a friend recently told me that she mixed one light blue stick of chalk with 2 whites and it showed up enough to use on white but still came out. play with your patterns, use a piece here and a corner there... and then make a line of them ... they will all blend well that way...